Kansas City Window Replacement & Installation Company
Kansas City Area Window Replacement – at Cornerstone we offer top-quality, premium double paned, triple paned, or heat mirror thermal windows at an affordable price. From vinyl to fiberglass to custom hard wood wooden windows, Cornerstone is equipped to meet any homeowner’s specific energy and design needs. We work with reputable high quality manufacturers. Our wooden manufacturers offer different exterior options from composite, extruded metal clad, vinyl and fiberglass. All of our vinyl windows are made with virgin vinyl and are welded mainframes and sashes. Our fiberglass windows offer incredible strength yet very low maintenance. Since we are a multi-line distributor, you are not limited to one type or design of windows. You can choose from many manufacturers, types, styles, energy efficiencies, colors, and options– all custom fit to your openings. The only criteria—it has to be a window we’d feel comfortable putting in our own home…or we won’t install it.
Why Replace Your Existing Windows?
We’ve found there are generally three basic reasons to consider replacing your windows:
Window Energy Efficiencies and Comfort
There are many different reasons as to why one window would be more energy efficient than another. Some of them include:
- How many panes a window offers-single, double or triple (or heat mirror option)
- What spacer/seal the window has that seals up the panes of glass
- Whether the window glass package has low e, and which level of low e
- Whether the window has argon or krypton gas
- Thickness of the glass
- How thick the chambers/walls are in the frame of the window.
- If a wood window, whether the wood is hardwood or composite type particle board.
- If a vinyl window, whether the vinyl is virgin vinyl, recycled, welded or mechanically fastened.
- How wide the actual frame is.
- Whether the frame has insulation in and/or around the vinyl.
- How much and what weather-stripping and weather bulbs the window has.
- Whether the window interlocks at the sashes and/or where the sash meets the frame.
New Window Appearance
Many people replace their windows because their current ones are old, falling apart or out dated. Some of the aesthetic options available include:
- Different thicknesses of the frames
- Different colors of the vinyl, wood, metal clad or fiberglass (White, Cream White, Tan/Almond, Beige, Clay, and Brown, stained or painted)
- Whether you want the rich, warm look of real wood and the ability to change, paint or stain the interior in the future.
- Whether you desire the maintenance free aspects of vinyl.
- Do you require the strength of an all fiberglass frame.
- Painted exterior frames (Many different choices to choose from)
- Optional Vinyl Frames with Wooden Interiors
- Wood grain look options on the interior of the frames (Several options)
- Different grid/grille (mutton) styles and options (in different patterns and materials-etched, brass, colored, two tone, etc.)
- Different styles of windows (i.e. geometric shapes, casement versus double hung, three lite slider versus bay option, etc.)
- Specialty options such as blinds between the panes of glass, special etchings on the glass, different glass patterns (frosted, glue chip, etc.)
- Different configurations (cottages, oriels, transoms above, etc.)
- Half or full fiberglass or aluminum screens or better view screens for casements
Ease of Operation
Many people change their windows out for a more practical reason—they have difficulty opening, keeping open, and/or cleaning their current ones. All of the windows we carry offer tilt in easy cleaning options, no bulky storm windows to remove, and proven operating systems that allow smooth, easy operation for years to come. Some of our lines even offer a ‘keep clean’ glass option that practically eliminates the need of cleaning the glass entirely.